Adrestia is the Gateway Service for the Aesel Distributed Visualization platform.
An Aesel cluster consists of:
- One or more instances of CLyman
- One or more instances of Crazy Ivan
- A Mongo Cluster
Different clusters manage disparate scenes (or groups of renderable objects), and Adrestia abstracts away these clusters into a single transactional plane, which can be accessed by typical transactional services, and end users. It can be scaled horizontally, and runs against a Mongo Cluster itself.
Adrestia also forms a security layer on top of it’s dependent services. It provides a number of additional HTTP security features, including a full-scale authentication flow powered by Auth0.
Full Documentation for the Aesel Distributed Visualization Platform, including the HTTP API for Adrestia, can be found here.
- Edge Proxy for HTTP communications with end users
- Authentication supported by Auth0 integration
- Cluster-based routing driven by Scenes (data stored in Crazy Ivan)
- Internal Service mesh for transactional services to communicate with Aesel clusters